Nav view search

Navigation

The Head of the External Relations Office of the University delivered a lecture on the national dialogue of societies at the Higher Education Conference in Somalia.

Mr Tajuddin Bashir Nyam, the head of the External Relations Office in IUA, presented a crucial lecture entitled "National Dialogue for Societies after Conflict and Sustainable Development" At the end of the conference of Somali Higher Education Conference in Somalia, in which the university participated with a delegation headed by Prof. Kamal Mohamed Obaid, the university vice chancellor where Mr. Tajuddin Niyam thanked the National University for the invitation, great reception and hospitality. He expressed condolences to the families who lost their grandchildren during bombings incidence in Mogadishu on Wednesday and sent his greetings and the university`s as well to the Somali people.

The most important points of the lecture that he will be delivered as follows:

I came from a region that witnessed armed conflict and ended up in peace, because I am also from a movement that took up arms against the center to deal with what we call marginalization and because I was an alternate member of the Sudanese national dialogue. For other reasons, I would like to contribute my experience in the national dialogue

Start with the following questions:

First: Why conflicts and why the national dialogue of the communities that emerged in the first of the conflicts?

Second: Is there any relationship between dialogue and societies emerging from conflict and sustainable development?

Third: What are the requirements of a national dialogue in Somalia or in any other country emerging from the war recently?

Fourth: What are the challenges facing the national dialogue of the societies that emerged from the war recently, especially in Somalia?

Fifth: What recommendations do I make to the Conference in regards to my experience in the national dialogue of the newly emerging societies?

The answers to the above questions were presented in logical sequence, the most prominent of which is part of the answer to the fifth question regarding the application of the recommendations as follows:

It is great deal to conduct a comprehensive national dialogue in post-conflict societies, because in wars there are killings, wounds, displacement, asylum, maltreatment, burning and damage to property and other tragedies of war and conflict. In the postwar situation, a national dialogue is needed to heal the wounds, restore social cohesion, and promote peace, security and stability. And raise the values ​​of tolerance, brotherhood, love and reparation (through material, moral, public and private compensation), and other means that achieve and deepen social relations and reinforce national unity in post-war societies and gradually contribute to psychological treatment.

Whatever the nature of the output is excellent, its application is more important. In Africa, we often hold conferences, workshops and seminars, but rarely apply them. This does not help, because it is as good as who perform ablution 'and does not pray, he has no reward.

Therefore, people should not be delegated to implement the outputs, but all those who contributed to these outputs are involved. And preferably those who are delegated outside the government (because the experience of implementing the outputs in Sudan present in my mind)

• To establish bodies to review the evaluation and implementation outcomes.

The National Assembly shall hold frequent meetings every 6 to 12 months to determine the method and percentage of implementation by scientific methods. It is preferable to determine the percentage of implementation on the one hand and not to apply the implementation criteria.

My advice is that you should not participate in any dialogue conference where there are no arrangements for success, because that would kill hope and confidence in the society in which you wish to conduct dialogue. Therefore, it is better to postpone the participation, by showing the courtesies that are at the expense of the cause and the nation.